Towards disintegrating racial oppression, towards vital relations with all of nature – pouring in some energy-sweat and/or dollars is possible. There are so many ways to do this. Just a few groups I like a lot include:
Snqʷeyłmistn, Holistic Resistance, Critical Resistance, Embodiment Institute, Nk̓ʷusm, NuLegacy, Raven, Vegkop Farm, Lead to Life, Turn it Up Now, Natifs, Tarana Burke’s work, Saokio Heritage, Black Yield Institute, Backyard Basecamp, Keepers of the Seasons, Great Plains Action Society, Dancing Grounds, Grow Dat, Southern Solidarity, ICollective.
For white and/or white/Europeans – below are some tools to help foster a nourishing practice in relation to wealth disparity, land rematriation, and more.
The idea with these practices is to do them once a month. For part i, this exercise invites you to notice what some of your automatic or quick responses are to these questions. Of course, you can spend a long time thinking about such questions. However, for this practice, the proposal is to notice responses which have this ‘quick’ quality.
when you are ready, part ii
when you are ready, part iii
Reflect on your past month. How did taking action in alignment with your heart-ethics-intention go? Fill in your pie chart according to what happened this month.
You are invited to save your responses for part i, ii, and iii – noticing how they unfold over many months.
On some other day,
Another tool you might want to try out or modify is bodyscan-spiderweb-mapping. If these tools are not a good fit for you, perhaps they will inspire you to create ones that do support you to check-in with how your intentions and actions are moving, aligning, diverging…
For further reading about these topics, some options are:
- tasmania indigenous land back – https://www.abc.net.au/…/spike-in-aboriginal…/11640808
- usa charles henry, slavery reparations – https://wagingnonviolence.org/…/reparations…/
- usa indigenous allotment bison range – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjB-xLAzOWY–
- germany + namibia – https://www.dw.com/…/german-museum-returns…/a-47722970 and
- usa ta-nehishi coates slavery reparations – https://www.theatlantic.com/…/the-case-for…/361631/
- sami repatriation of skulls and oslo university- https://www.loc.gov/law/help/indigenous-heritage/norway.php
- sami/sweden skulls – https://www.theguardian.com/…/swedish-museum-to-return…–
- german museum returning items to benin – https://www.artnews.com/…/germany-returns-benin…/
- congo – belguium reparations conversations – https://www.hrw.org/…/belgium-moving-regrets-reparations#
- germany-holocaust reparations – https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/german-holocaust…–
- uk/global slave trade reparations – https://www.theguardian.com/…/british-slavery…–
- uk/global reparations – https://qz.com/1911783/what-the-uk-owes-in-reparations/– canada
- indigenous genocide reparations – https://abcnews.go.com/…/215-bodies-discovered…/story…
- usa – indigenous genocide – https://abcnews.go.com/…/native-americans…/story…– usa –
- indigenous land repatriation – https://resourcegeneration.org/land-reparations…/